Welcome to Granite Falls
About Our Town
Our Town Government
Our Town Services
Economic Development
Helpful Links
Contact Us

Planning Department

Do You Need A Zoning Permit?

If you are:

  • Building a new house
  • Building an addition to an existing house
  • Adding or replacing a deck or porch
  • Adding a swimming pool (above or below ground)
  • Placing a storage building or carport on your property
  • Building a sign structure of any kind or size (freestanding signs, wall signs, etc.)
  • Conducting any commercial or industrial construction or expansion
  • Starting a new business (whether in an existing commercial building or from home)

If so, then you will need to obtain a Zoning Permit from the Town of Granite Falls. Please call Greg Wilson, Town Planner at 396-3131 to verify that your project will be compliant with the Town of Granite Falls Zoning Ordinance before beginning any work. Most projects will also require a Building Permit from Caldwell County. The Building Inspections Office can be reached at (828) 426-8585.

© Town of Granite Falls, NC.   
History & Transportation Museum History Lakeside Park Community Events
Mayor & Town Council
Electric Fire Planning Police Public Works Recreation Town Administration Wastewater Water
Quality of Life Exisiting Businesses & Industries Sites & Buildings